Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Eye makeup remover- favorite and tips?

what is your favorite brand of eye makeup remover and what are some techniques you suggest? everytime I remove waterproof mascara, I end up with grey under eyes and lose a lash or two.Eye makeup remover- favorite and tips?
L'Oreal Dermo-Expertise Refreshing Eye Makeup Remover, Oil-Free





It is awesome! a little expensive (like $6 for 4 oz) but it is so worth it. It takes all the makeup off in one clean swipe, no oily residue, no burning eyes, no eyelash loss, no racoon eyes and no rinsingEye makeup remover- favorite and tips?
Merle Norman has some great eye make-up remover. I usually just shake it with my finger over it and use my finger to massage in remover. It's not as harsh. Then wash my face with a good all over cleanser like Clean and Clear with the microbeads. That usually gets all the makeup off. Then I go over my face with a toner on a cotton ball to make sure all is off.
vasaline is safe. put a thin layer on your face and use an astrigent ( mild) to remove it, it will also smooth your face.
water
i just use baby oil ( =
my favorite eye make up remover is the one by Mary Kay, it works so well and really fast and gentle. if youre losing eyelashes its probably because youre rubbing too hard, try light smooth strokes.
I use that Neutrogena (I think) stuff. It's a little oily feeling and it's best to wash your face after you use it.





Water also helps with the process.





The grey can be wiped off with your fingers too.
No matter what I use, I get it under the eyes, so I moisten a cotton swab and run it under the lashes, from the inner eye, out.


No dingy smudges, and my eye is perfectly lined with anything I didn't get off.


I don't rub so hard. I'd rather leave a bit on than lose my lashes.
clinique make-up remover is WONDERFUL!!! I love it...it takes one swipe and its off
First, I would suggest not using waterproof mascara or if you do try one that is botanically based or mineral based - such as Bare Escentuals, Arbonne or Origins. These are not so harsh on your lashes and you will probably not have as many lashes fall out.


As for eye makeup remover, I use either Arbonne's makeup remover or Sweet Almond Oil (you can pick it up at your local health food store, Whole Foods or Wild Oats). Supposedly this is what Jackie O used to remove her makeup at night. Another tip is to keep all natural, alcohol free baby wipes on hand. These can be great to use in a pinch or when traveling. They are also great for getting makeup off your clothes!


When you use eye makeup remover, use a cotton pad and do not rub your eyes - this will irritate your eyes and can also cause lashes to fall out. Be gentle!


Good luck!! :)





p.s. I am NOT affiliated with any particular makeup or skin care line at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin whitening